Sunday, March 25, 2012

And may the odds be ever in your favor

I knew it had been a long time since i had written but i didn't realize how long till my friend Emma told me i don't write in it and i checked and it has been a good many months. yikes. and i have sat here wondering what i should right about and decided that i could not write about anything but the Hunger Games. which is weird because i have only briefly written about some of my other passions and haven't even written some of my feelings on Harry Potter, but i saw the new Hunger Games movie twice this weekend, reread the first last week and reread the second today, and so i feel like writing at least a little about it.
So first the books, i read the first book almost two years ago when my sister had surgery and was bed ridden for about a week and my grandma and her had went to Barnes and Noble to buy some books for her to read. One of them, of course, was the Hunger Games. I came home from being out with friends somewhere around midnight and saw it on my coffee table and remembered one of my good friends reading it and really liking it, so i decided to just pick it up and read a chapter or two.... NOPE! i didn't put it down and stayed up till 5:00 a.m. reading the book. I was completely sucked in! though it was violent, i became so enthralled that at times i had to put the book down for a minute just to pace the floor because it was so intense. I also had this strong love for the characters, Mainly Katniss and Peeta. I feel like if you took the both of them and they had a child it would be me. I have so many of both of their qualities and connected really well with them. I also have this strong love for Archery and it is one of my goals to be an amazing archer one day. The second book had me equally enthralled and i love the way the games are set up in that book. I also do like the third book, though not as much. I feel like Katniss complains a little too much and the book is slightly rushed with a lot of knocking Katniss out and resolving the problems without her, though overall i like the story and i like the very last few pages.
The Movie, i was SO HAPPY with how close the movie was to the book and then i learned that the Author Susan Collins helped write the screen play, of course! that is why it was so good. They also did a lot of abstract filming using different types of cameras and was quite shaky at times, which didn't bother me but i did hear some complaints about it. I was very pleased with the movie and saw it twice within 18 hours! the casting was so perfect and they all played their parts very honestly, even Effie. Their are a few things i wish they could have done a little more with but then it would have been even longer and it was the perfect length as it is. the things i wish they could have done is give the story of the red headed Avox girl, Ktaniss's prep team who i kind of adore in the books and think of them as a little brainwashed from birth, and then more in the cave with Katniss and Peeta. But other than that i was quite pleased. Not to mention that i have loved Josh Huchterson for quite a few years now and i love Peeta so Josh playing Peeta was just the greatest thing and i am obsessing over him... probably too much.
But yeah that is my opinion of the Hunger Games. hopefully i will write again sooner!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post, keep posting babe :)
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    Kisses from Hong Kong :*

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete